November 6 - Hawaii's History of Haoles, by Kenny

~~~ This week’s presentation on Hawaii is brought to you by Kenny. I’m just forwarding the email because it bounced off the list ~~~

***BIG DISCLAIMER: My friends at home have requested that I send them a video of my presentation, so if anyone has an issue with this, please let me know ahead of time.

I’m sure you all want to know about that epic journey an abandoned orphan went through to amass an army large enough to conquer a nation, or that time we dabbled in building a democratic monarchy, or the shadow government that took over a kingdom just to get some tax benefits… but according to an old post on the forums, you’ve heard it all before so I’m not even gonna bother.

This Wednesday, I’ll be talking about what really defined Hawaii throughout most of its time as a kingdom (and territory of the United States), its economy. And also memes. A lot of memes. I have more memes than slides. Send help.

Hawaii’s major industries included:

1. Piracy
  2. Sandalwood
    Prostitution
  3. Whaling
  4. Sugar
  5. Pineapple
    Opium
    Gambling
  6. Military
  7. Tourism
    Exporting ill-prepared kids to Caltech

And of course we’ll answer the most important question, the fuck is a Haole? As always, I’ll see you guys on

Wednesday at 6 pm in Behavioral Biology Building B101 .

A Hui Ho,

Kenny Thai